When did you start taking vitamins? Brand?

My gynae is really chill and hasn’t prescribed me vitamins. I only take folic acid. I will see him next at week 14 lol. Wonder if that’s the norm or if other moms have started taking vitamins already and what brand

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My OB prescribed folic acid OM & Duphston TDS during my first trimester.entering into 2nd during week14 he prescribed calcium, multi-vitamins, iron and DHA fish oil for me to take every morning.

I started taking folic acid, obimin and prenatal DHA (Nordic Naturals) the moment i tested positive. During my first checkup at 5 weeks, doctor prescribed duphaston and prenavit tablet.

2y ago

I had miscarriage in 2020. Doctor said to stabilise this pregnancy. To let the body know that it's preparing for pregnancy.

My gynae started me on folic acid, multi vitamins and duphaston when I first realised I was preg at 7 weeks. Took all the way till 2nd trimester then multi vitamins and fish oil

upon found out pregnant at 5 wks. GP prescribed iron, folic and calcium tablets. when go to gynae at wk 15, gynae prescribed dha and obimin.

I only took folic acid as well during 1st trimester. You can either ask from gynae for multivitamins/buy your own otc

I started mine while trying to conceive and continued throughout till delivery.. Bought those at pharmacies

Was only told to take folic in first trim. Only in 2nd trim that gynae started me on multi vit.

kkh will prescribe folic acid in first trimester. then obimin and fish oil in second