BLW BABY - anyone?

Are you guys doing BLW for your baby? And what age you start? I tried to give broccoli to my LO. She learning how to gag but scare die me!! So i stop lol. She is 6mo Any advise , welcome!!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I read about BLW but didn’t try it at 6 months. I introduced broccoli for her to grab and eat at about 8 months. Anyways, from my research, you can start BLW at 6 months. Also, gagging is normal. As the baby is experience new taste and texture. My baby gagged even when I fed her puree or mashed food like avacado. Now she is 9 months, I give her a slice of avacado and she doesn’t gag and tries to chew it. Search BLW on tiktok! It’s really good platform to find out how others do BLW.

Read more

I start my LO with softer food like strawberry and steam sweet potato. Gagging is scary at the start because you don’t want to miss the sign of them choking but have trust with your LO and follow their cue. You can try to go instagram to follow solid start. They have very good materials there. My LO has been BLW Since 6 months and I enjoy watching him eat every day. Just be prepared with the mess 🤣 and maybe invest on a catchy/round tray. Enjoy the process 💪

Read more
2mo ago

Hehe thanks mummy!

I started at 7mo, started off with avocados, steamed carrots and broccolis. Gagging a normal reflex so just observe and let them amaze you! Definitely scary but have to let them learn and standby at the side. Subsequently can try drumsticks or steak strips~

Hi, if you are scared with her gagging you can look up ways to prepare the food based on the baby age. You can follow solidstarts or blwmealapp at instagram Gagging is normal as they are exploring the food

how about those biscuits sticks (husks)? I have not tried giving to baby because I am worried she will gag or choke

3mo ago

I see, thanks 🙏🏻

I imagined doing blw but I end up spoon feeding instead. Baby only eats snacks on her own 🤣

3mo ago

Yah same😂