Earliest O&G appointment - 13 weeks

Hi, just got a call from NUH today that earliest O&G appointment they have at Clinic G is 13 July for my first visit. I’m currently about 7 weeks pregnant and by then would be roughly 13 weeks. Is that ok or too late for a first appointment? I’ve gone to GP and polyclinic to confirm my pregnancy and it’s a positive. Just thought a scan should be done in the first trimester 🤔 Anyone else went for their first O&G visit after 12 weeks? #firstbaby #advicepls

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hello! I was in the exact same situation during my 7th week! Only managed to get an polyclinic-referred NUH appointment for Week 13. For me, as it was my first pregnancy and my family has a history of miscarriages, I decided to call NUH private and got an appointment in 2 days at Ruby Clinic. No subsidies, but happy that we managed to see the 7w dating scan with baby+heartbeat through tummy ultrasound and got nausea meds & prenatal vitamins in time for the first trimester. ☺️💕 It cost $175 for all of that and I’m glad I went for it. If you really need the subsidy and want it earlier, ask the polyclinic to refer you to KKH instead. The polyclinic called me up when they found out that I made a private appointment with NUH so can’t do the subsidised route there, so I asked to refer to KKH subsidised and the appointment was a whole month (Week 9) earlier than NUH. It’s worth a try if you’d urgently like it earlier. If you’re keeping to your 13 week appointment, then do look for folic acid (though the polyclinic probably gave it to you too) and a prenatal to supplement until then ☺️

Read more