First trimester screening @ kkh

Going for my first trimester screening ultrasound @ KKH this Wednesday, can any mummies share what to expect on the day itself? Blood test already taken but do not know any results. Thank you! #1stimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! I'm also a first time mom.. how far along are you? I went in for my first scan too early actually. I was 4w+2 , not researching or anything I wasn't prepared for what will happen. first I took a blood test in skh they did a transvaginal scan and couldn't see anything in the womb. I was referred to kkh to do a more detailed scan. In kk also they couldn't see anything and couldn't determine if it was an etopic pregnancy. I was very worried and confused. my beta hcg lvl was at 417 I was told to come back 2 days later if it increased it's a good sign if it's same or drop then it's a different issue. luckily mine doubled. I will be going for my 2nd scan this week. Just a word of advice. I went through unecessary stress because it's too early to see the baby but then again better to check earlier. Whatever the doc says, be positive and don't overthink.

Read more
3y ago

I went to sk polyclinic and the doc told me they have gynae and suggested me skh since I live very nearby.. I was so confused. anyway I did end up going kkh since the scan wasn't showing anything.

Nothing much to expect. It’s just a more detailed scan. After the scan, if no need to see doctor means your results are good. If you need to see then maybe they want to highlight that some indicators have been flagged

VIP Member

where and which clinic is good and can we get offorable reasonable price consultation and ultra scan everything every time consultation fees is more which one is best in Singapore can any on tell pls

2y ago

I am not Singaporean ,I am in DP pls sujjest best and cheap clinic or hospital for consultation

Don’t empty your bladder before your scan, if not, it might be hard to get a good scan :)

Best to go from week 7 onwards else you may be disappointed.