GD Test results

This is my GD test. I got an asterisk at the last test at 2h. I guess I am GD positive now. Will Gynae asked me to do the 7 pricks a day or insulin injection? I'm anxious to receive the call this week from Kkh. Would want to prepare myself mentally. 😔

GD Test results
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy!! Dont worry! Im a GDM mummy as well! My GDM was 5.3 - 11.5 - 10.. i was super worry! Basically at TMC, gynae will asked us mummies to meet a dietician. So i did went and they will explained to you what to avoid and to maintained. Tbh i dont really maintained that well but i do cut down sugar the most. And my sugar level maintained at 6-7. I didnt used the insulin injection, but i did the 7 pricks a day. Dont be scared seriously.. i was like you.. but sadly i have to end up for csection as my GDM is high, my body weight spiked up, baby is growing so well.. and here i am, baby do not have any signs of diabetic, my sugar level went down, my blood pressure goes back to normal. So mummy, whatever you go thru, DO NOT FEEL SCARED AND BURDEN URSELF! Always be positive ya! ❤️❤️❤️

Read more
1y ago

Hi mummy!! I take 2 times a day. 1 in the morning and 1 before bed! Its not sweet tbh..its super delicious! I took the chocolate hazelnut! It really helps and also it helps with our breastmilk! My sugar level now is arnd 5.4 till i gave birth to my newborn! U can try 1 box first! Got mine at shopee! But do take note. Once u have GDM during pregnancy, after 6 weeks doctor will meet you again and ask u to go for glucose test.. im going for mine this March. Cross fingers if theres no more GDM! 😅😅😅

I’m with KKH too, GD at 28 weeks and now I’m 37 weeks. Just need to take note of diet. Cut down on carbs, totally cut away sugar drinks. Take smaller but more frequent meals. It’s not that bad, I learnt along the way to eat healthier too. For my case, they had a 2 half day online session to teach us about watching our diet, exercising etc. prick 7 times, 2 consecutive days a week. The doc may increase/ decrease the pricks frequency based on how well your readings are. Don’t worry, GD is really common and most will recover after baby is out. All the best!

Read more

I'm waiting to hear back about my GD test results - they flagged the 2 hour https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/nursing-essay-writing-service-3-best-websites-writers-grace-carter mark. I'm worried it might mean gestational diabetes. I'm wondering if the doctor will recommend finger pricks or insulin injections. Feeling anxious about the call from KK this week, but trying to stay positive.

Read more

Mine was 4.8 - 10.3 - 9.5 GD is quite common for pregnancy. 1 out of 4 ladies will have it and it will be gone after we give birth. Totally no sweet drinks, cut down on carbs, more protein & veggy and we will be able to control it well.

Read more
VIP Member

If I remember correctly KKH recommended for two consecutive days of finger prick tests only. For my experience then, i requested for more regularly tracking so I did this daily and took Metformin but don't have to do insulin jabs.