Week 25, FTM, wet patch on shirt.

Ftm at wk 25. Was sleeping on my right side (probably pressed on my breast) and when i woke up, there wet patch on my shirt at boobs area. Touch it and felt a little sticky. Checked with gynae, she said she wasn't sure and unable to advise on what's that unless she can test the liquid (rolled eyes). My friend ask me to be careful not to express anymore cause she says it will cause contraction/birth? So now im worried as I didnt do anything, just sleeping.. 😭 Read that some ladies face the same issue but there's no update after that, is it something to be worried about?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had tt too. Try wearing breast pads. Was told not to express till about 36th wk. Aft tt, some moms express occasionally into syringes and freeze it for use upon birth. I regretted not doing it as I had supply issues in my first wk when baby was in NICU for jaundice.

You'll leak when you're pregnant and it's really common. It's your colostrum. The 1st milk that will come out. Nothing to worry about actually and yes, do not try to express cos it will trigger contractions.