Baby tummy binder/barut

FTM here, is tummy binder/barut important for newborn/babies? And until when do they need to wear it ? Whats the purpose of it and is it essential for my baby? #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I was adviced by the elders that barut helps with their wind/cold? Also yea babies have a funny shape tummy especially when full with milk. Like what eva said, can get at kiddy palace but usually i see them being sold in malaysia. Its not a need but if u wanna try do get one. Mine ended up being useless as my baby is too big since birth and it becomes a hassle to change diapers. Do consider that!

Read more
10mo ago

thanks 🙏

I wasn’t sure if my baby needed it or not, but I wore it a while each day for baby. & I did not have a crying baby at night due to colic. So I just believe it was due to that. Search ‘bengkong bayi’ on shopee & the price is so cheap for 1 piece. Maybe can keep and wear when you need it or as per my usage, just wear to prevent the problem😁

Read more

It depends whether you would like to use it or not. Kiddy Palace sells velcro barut/binder for baby. They start wearing few days old or they will use right after the belly cord drop. Some people believe it helps to keep the stomach nice. Some babies have odd kind like shape tummy at the side, while some believe to give comfort when they do tummy time.

Read more
10mo ago

If you dont want use then you will have all the flabs dangling I would say and mummy pouch will be visible. And also all the pain here there.

Hi! I believe the old generation use the baby tummy binder more compared to now. It is not important and baby might not be comfortable too. Personally, I just apply telon/massage on my baby tummy, wear clothes and swaddled. That should be sufficient. :)

Not important. Both my babies ended up not wearing. Its usually to prevent wind i think? But best is to just burp the baby, almost always settle the problem. Wear the binder also still need to burp. To me no point in buying.

You can also use this waist trainer with hook or velcro. So, whichever suits you can use. After all, we want the stretch muscles to shrink and ensuring internally all are okay and give you good posture.

Post reply image
10mo ago

Some will wear overnight but I dont. I use from morning till night. Before bedtime I will remove. And I wear everyday. If want to remove mummy pouch you can do this, do exercise, one way or another it helps. Subject to result that varies to people.