My friend is pretty well off and buys branded stuff and goes for exotic holidays. My husband doesn't earn that much and we can spend very frugally. This makes me sad and jealous. I am getting more irritable due to this reason. Help me out..

69 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mommy we are not in a competition so no need to compare. It said “the grass is greener in the other side because they water it daily”. So cheer up! Live your life. Focus on the things that makes you happy. When you wish to have a life your friend had, many out there dreams to live a life you’ve had. You are very lucky, you eat 3 times a day, you had a roof over your head & you have your family who loves you. Be grateful mommy because gratitude is your gateway to happiness.

Read more

Choose to be happy para sa friend mo. Kasi kung ipagpatuloy mo yan, baka magalit kpa sa friend mo. Which is not good. Lucky ang friend mo kasi na aafford nya mga branded stuffs churva, and you, you are lucky too, may nakakain ka pa naman siguro and 3x a day or more. May mga damit ka pa naman siguro na maaayos and most importantly, may family ka na buo. Yung iba kasi wala talaga makain, wala pang masuot na maayos tuwing may lakad sila, and yung iba din, walang complete family.

Read more
5y ago

I don't really understand this but somehow I found this is true enough haha

My husband doesn't earn that much as well, so I do smart budgeting so that all expenses are settled. If there are excess, I save them for future needs. For you to be happy is that you must learn to appreciate and be contented of what you have right now. Branded stuff can wait. If you can't afford exotic vacations, then do what you can afford for now, like movie date, picnic and the like. Atleast you have a responsible husband :)

Read more

Please earn it yourself. It is year 2018 we don’t have to wait for man to get us the lifestyle we need. I won’t blame my other half but myself if I don’t have the ability to get the things I need. It’s all about the choice. From the beginning you marry him knowing that he is not wealthy. So don’t have to feel jealous about other people. Envy is normal but jealousy causes you to blame your Husband.

Read more

greetings and blessings anonymous, be grateful to God that you are blessed with a husband that loves you. I believe he also wishes to do more for you, however learn to appreciate him,encourage him and for everything that he does give him a pat on the shoulder. when you appreciate the smaller things he does for you it makes him feel good. sont be envious of your friend so that your door of blessings can be opened. lots oflove

Read more
VIP Member

Don't compare your lifestyle with your friend. Be thankful of what you have and focus on the simple things that will make you happy like playing with your kids or going to the park. Or save something for your trip if you really want it but don't spend on things or trip that you don't have any budget or savings.

Read more

Don't be mad or get irritated with your husband just because you can't live the way your friend lives. Instead, help him with the finances and start making your money. If you want to be like her, better start investing or doing something to gain money now. Help each other and don't mind your jealousy.

Read more

Looking at other's riches makes one envious. So my advice would be this.. Do not compare yourselves with others and be thankful for your every blessing, small or grand. By having a grateful heart, you can appreciate even the littlest things around you.. Like your husband working very hard for your family.

Read more

You don't have to compare yourself with anyone, otherwise you will not be living in your reality. Sit your husband down and discuss prudent ways to spending your resources. Life is not all about the amount of cash one has gotten but being able to properly annex the resources one has. I wish you well.

Read more

Firstly, why it makes u sad and jealous? It’s just the surface of it. Are you sure they are leading a happy lifestyle by owning branded stuff and goes for exotic holiday? What matters is having a happy marriage and being genuinely happy. All other things are just superficial.