For your baby's christening, what are the factors you consider in choosing the ninongs and ninangs (god parents)?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

My husband and I thought about it for few days. It's quite a challenge especially because there were those who volunteered to be our son's godparent just right after hearing about my pregnancy. So first, we thought who among them are able to take care of our son like their own. Like, who can actually be a good second parent to him as that's what the godparent's role primarily is. Next, we also considered how they can influence our son. Not that we have friends who are bad influence. It's more of the kind of influence and guidance that they can share with our son. Last is our relationship with them. Like, how good of a friend they are to us and we to them. After considering these 3 factors, we realized that almost all of our friends are eligible to be our son's godparents. So, we ended up choosing those who are closer to our hearts. Those people whom we treated as our family.

Magbasa pa

They simply have to be our family, and when I say family, it's not just by consanguinity but also by affinity. We have a lot of friends but only a few of them have been real, good ones and they are considered a family for us. Of course we picked a few from our real family. They also have to be good role modelsβ€”as someone who can be looked up to by our son. We did not pick a lot. They're less a handful but I know they will be there through our son's journey. Quality over quantity, as always.

Magbasa pa

First we prioritized our immediate family. All our brothers and sisters are godparents. Second, we chose our bestfriends since they treat our son as their own. Then we chose our close friends with kids because they can teach our son good values and basically they have experience raising kids and they can also give us tips since both we are first-time parents :)

Magbasa pa

hi.. for my sons i chose my brothers and some of my husbands childhood friends as his godfather like wise for his godmothers. i believe in the factor that in order to be his second mother and father to my son its a necessarry thing to see each other always. to guide and give some moral values aside from us his parents, titas, titos and grandparents.

Magbasa pa