Important to take note when choosing milk powder

As a first time mummy, I heard a lot of people sharing about which formula they feeding their child and etc. As there are some many different Brand of formula, it’s really hard to determine what is best for your child. Back then, I saw lots of news reporting cancerous ingredients found in certain reputable brand. I went google and found this budget babe article who gives very detailed analysis of why she has chosen to give Nature One formula to her child. The basic comparison was just on DHA, ARA. Plus it says this source is a reputable milk producer that sell milk to other manufacturers. After reading this article, i decided to let my child drink this formula. As I thought all milk powder in Singapore should be safe to consume, plus it is cheap and has comparable same amount of DHA and ARA which are good source for brain developments. After a few months of using this formula, my child was diagnosed with small head circumference. His growth on height , weight and head circumference was well at around 3-4 months. During his 8 mths check up, we were told that his head circumference is not growing as well and need to monitor. I didn’t think much about it as I thought it might be due to generic. On his 12 months check up, the doctor has confirmed that his head circumference size is below 3 percent which is smaller than average baby size. I started to get worried and research what causes this issue. I found out that if a child is lack of calcium, he or she might experience this issue. Then I started to look at the calcium content in Nature one then I found out that this formula has the lowest calcium content. Immediately, I switched the formula to S26 and enfa. Thank God, after changing his milk formula, his head circumference started to grow back to normal range.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

From what I know every formula in sg meets the minimum requirement This is very insightful and thanks for sharing !

3y ago

You are welcome. I hope this sharing can help more mummies do better assessments on what formula to give their child