Arguments

First time daddy here, is it normal to have more arguments during pregnancy? Do mummies feel more emotionally sensitive during pregnancy?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry that you need to go through it. It's tough i would say. Yes it's pregnancy hormones and causes us to have mood swings. Plus our body is adjusting with alot of things, also not easy for us. Those having morning sickness more worst. Beginning my husband also feels what u feels and he finds that I'm just using pregnancy as a reason to argue etc. But after awhile and with both dads advice, he understand n give in. U can try when ur wife angry, argument, u stay calm and listen. Then slowly ask her what had happen, while massage her head, body or even legs. It does helps for me, sometimes my mood swing cause i really tired and exhausted. I can't express but just making a scene to argue with my husband. about the emotionally sensitive, Yes for me! omg! my tears can run down easily. haha! Hope you can get through this!

Read more

Yes. Last time I was a sweet heart, my husband asks me what I want to eat I will reply sweetly. But suddenly during first trimester, i puked at almost everything. So many scents that I hated and when he asked me what I want to eat… phew I just got so mad and frustrated at a simple question. Then many littles things got me worked up easily also. But it was only after awhile then I realised I was pregnant. The feeling of being angry sometimes come suddenly and it doesn’t need to be something huge to trigger. Really very hard to control. You hang in there okay, they say 2nd trimester is bliss. Hahaha

Read more

Yes is very normal, e same thing happened to me especially at first trimester and I quarrelled with my husband everyday till he can’t take it thinking I am throw tantrums and I just ended up keep crying cos feeling so helpless like nobody can understand me.. This is due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. It would be good if husband can try your best to bear with it although I know it won’t be easy too. Your wife might also feel paranoid if there’s time u not with her. Try to spend more time with her, chit chatting or even bring her out for walk to have some relax time to ease her mind..

Read more

First time daddy here too. I think it's normal? With all the hormone changes and discomfort from morning sickness. I too was wondering if it's normal, and was in fact seriously considering to go for family counseling.

currently in 1st trimester. my temper was short n i get irritated easily and sensitive to what was said. but my hubby was patient n still loving. n took it in stride. for weeks. now temper abit better.

Yes. Due to hormone changes, your wife will be more emotional n sensitive. Do spend more time with her and try to understand her needs. She needs your support.

because of the pregnancy hormones, most woman are more sensitive..