10 weeks and cannot stop worrying about risks of birth defects

My first pregnancy with IVF ICSI. 1 singleton day5 frozen embryo transfer and currently 10 weeks with miracle fraternal twins. We just did the blood test for first trimester screening. Ultrasound will be in less than 3 weeks time. The results will only be out in one months time. The issue is recently, i cannot stop worrying and thinking about the health of my babies. What if they have DS or any birth defects as there are higher risks involved with IVF ISCI. I cannot stop worrying and i keep crying just thinking about it. How do i calm myself and deal with this? Sigh…..

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was IVF ISCI FET too. I understand where you are coming from, the pregnancy is hard fought, and all the waiting around is hard. All you can do is eat your folic acid and know you're doing all you can; instead of worrying about it I spent my efforts reading up on what could go wrong at which stage and planning contingencies. My husband thinks I'm morbid but I feel having a roadmap helps. If it gives any comfort I'm 35yo and W28 now, and so far there hasn't been any abnormalies sighted. In the early months the baby is bigger than normal and the gynae advised may have to C-sect, but he has since gotten back into range it seems.

Read more