Pillow for newborn

Hi fellow mummies! I’ve read somewhere that no pillows should be in the cot with newborn due to suffocation/ SIDS risk. Would like to know ur opinions on the following: - When can we start to introduce baa baa sheepz bedtime buddy? - When to start using beanhusk pillow to put on baby’s tummy? #advicepls #firstbaby #firstpregnancy

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, so I’ve spoken to a doctor regarding this. Bean husk can be used from newborn and only to use when baby is under supervision (napping in the day, etc). At night, there should be nothing in the cot and if baby is swaddle, they won’t have that startle reflex too. For Baa Baa, it is recommended to only give baby after 6 months as it contains micro fibres and newborn’s lungs are not as developed so breathing in these micro fibres are not good for them. Hope this helps!

Read more
2y ago

Thank u so much for this!

I maybe wrong but this is based on my own LO. BBS (aunt gave to baby at hospital) as of 7.5mo still don’t know how to hug yet. Beanhusk I started using since birth until she starts rolling and I will only put beanhusk when I’m around her, if I’m away, I will remove all pillows since I already swaddled her.

Read more
2y ago

Because this is when she starts learning how to roll and f I put the beanhusk on her, it will add on additional weight which makes it slightly harder for her to roll. I previously put it on her and she wanted to roll over but couldn’t until I removed the pillow on her. But now I don’t use any pillows for her anymore cause she likes to lie tummy down and she sleeps all over the place.😅