Pregnant with hives: Continue Cetirizine (10mg)?

Hello fellow mummies, I hope you are all doing well. I recently discovered that I am 5 weeks pregnant, and prior to knowing about the pregnancy, I had been experiencing several episodes of hives. I was diagnosed with chronic spontaneous urticaria and prescribed Cetirizine HCI 10mg as a daily anti-histamine. Now, I am concerned about the potential impact of this medication on my developing baby. I've heard that some medications might not be safe during pregnancy, and I want to ensure the well-being of my child. I plan to contact my healthcare provider soon, but in the meantime, I wanted to reach out to the community for some insights. Has anyone else experienced chronic spontaneous urticaria during pregnancy? If so, were you advised to continue or discontinue taking Cetirizine HCI 10mg? Of course, I understand that individual cases may vary, but I would appreciate any personal experiences or general advice that you can share. I want to make an informed decision regarding my medication and my baby's health. Please note that I will consult with my healthcare provider for personalized advice, but hearing from others who have gone through something similar would be immensely helpful. Thank you all for your support and insights.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

centrizine is fine. i was prescribed with this during pregnancy.