2021 & 2022 Reviews on TMC?

Hi fellow mommies, may I find out from you, how was your delivery experience at Thomson Medical Centre and the type of ward room you stayed in? How was the lactation consultant, were they supportive in teaching how to breastfeed? My obgyn delivers at three hospitals (Mt A, Mt E Novena and TMC) so I am trying to decide. Heard mixed reviews on TMC from my own friends. My doctor told me the pros and cons of each one, and mentioned that TMC has a lot of add-on charges, so it may not be the cheapest in the end.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I’m also considering between TMC and Mount A (due in May 2023). My gynae delivers at these two hospitals and Mount E Novena too. However her clinic is based in TMC - one thing she shared with me is that if I have any emergencies (touch wood) at the ward, she can quickly go upstairs. So this could be one consideration for you too, if you think you’ll feel more assured to have your gynae see you if something were to crop up. For parking at TMC - there’s valet parking, so for those who drive or have visitors who drive, in my opinion, the issue is still manageable. Gynae also advised for me to go for the hospital tours. Most importantly is to choose the place that I feel most comfortable with, as the prices between TMC and Mount A are fairly the same.

Read more
1y ago

my gynae also mentioned this point.. as his clinic is in Mt E Novena. tbh i would love to choose Mt E Novena! but it's more expensive than the other two, n just worried if (touch wood) anything happens to me like emergency csect or anything, the bill can be high... so im trying to short list n decide between TMC and Mt A. already booked their hospital tours n going soon! TMC has some add on costs at the end of bill compared to Mt A, from what my doc told me..

Gave birth on Dec 2021. Single bedder. ($4K medisave, $4K cash, solely hospital bill) They are all very supportive of breastfeeding over formula. You can keep baby in your room unless they need to bring baby for checkups and vaccinations or if you request for baby to go back nursery. LC will come on day 2, nurses will help you to hand express your colostrum if you never specify you only want to feed formula. Nurses there are always 24/7 on standby and all staffs including security guard were polite. I don’t drive so no issues on parking. But if you do, might be a problem cause there is very very limited lots after you count off doctor’s lots.

Read more
1y ago

oh just realised social media haha. telegram @sweetslug