Diaper pail - necessary?

Any experienced mummies can share how you normally dispose soiled diapers? Is it necessary to have a diaper pail? #firsttimemom

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hello Claire we had the same doubt too whether to purchase a diaper pail but then slowly we figured out a cost effective practical alternative. We bought a dustbin with lid, put a plastic cover suitable to its size (if you can afford you can try biodegradable covers too) so you can just slip in the soiled diapers, tie up the cover and throw it at the end of each day and replace with new cover. We keep this diaper bin in the bathroom so lid is important. Else the bathroom will get stinky. Once in 2 weeks you can wash the dustbin and let it dry and continue using it. Hope this helps

Read more
1y ago

not necessary. just throw inside the bin and at the end of the day just clear the bin. no need waste money

It’s a good buy because the smell can be intoxicating. I’m using umee diaper pail. Umee diaper pail can use any plastic bag btw. So don’t need to spend money to buy plastic bag. Can just reuse the plastic bags from your groceries run

I have been and still using one for 9mths, chute is very far from my unit and it seals the soiled diapers smell very well, so definitely a good buy in my case.

Diaper pail was a good buy for me as our rubbish chute is not inside the house. so we just throw the diapers into the pail, and clear the bag once a day

Just throw the diapers at the bin in the kitchen or bring it out to the rubbish chute after every change. Not necessary.

Not necessary. Just throw in the bin and clear the rubbish together once a day..

I used covered litter bin but need to clear everyday

TapFluencer

always threw diapers out directly