vaccinate or not?

any expecting mummy still choose not to be vaccinated? why and when will u get urself vaccinated?

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi just wanna share my current predicament with all moms out there. For the past 2-3 months since we found out abt my pregnancy and the rise in covid numbers, we rarely went out, not had any visitors, and mostly just do takeaways and grocery shopping only when necessary. 80-90% we are home (wfh). Despite all our efforts, my husband tested positive with ART last night and today he went to SASH to get PCR confirmation - positive. I tested myself with ART last night and again today, both negative. I’m fully vaccinated, both jabs done before pregnancy, also done with flu vaccination at KKH during week 8 check up, and am currently 11 weeks 2 days. We have set up boundary in our home and will have minimal contact with each other for next 10 days. His symptoms are runny nose and some sneezing, no fever no cough no phlegms. I feel a little bit nervous but generally quite confident in the vaccine and baby’s wellbeing. Maybe it’s working, maybe it’s not (the vaccine) but at least it is not causing me to panic and I’m not feeling sick. So just sharing that at least being vaccinated has sorta given me one less worry? I feel like even if I’m covid positive, there is a good chance my symptoms won’t be severe and might not affect the pregnancy. Just sharing my own experience here.

Read more
3y ago

Fully vac by early Aug.. if I’m offered/ given option for booster and my pregnancy is doing well and low risk, I would go for it in last tri (I’m currently almost at end of first tri)

I’m fully vaccinated more than six months and the sms keep sending to me asking to take the booster. Really worried of booster will cause harm. Not much data for that yet and people around me experiencing much more serious effect after the booster. And is it even necessary to booster jab when we don’t even know we might still have enough antibody in me. I really wish moh and gov be more transparent esp to the vulnerable one during this period. :(

Read more

Took at 16 weeks then 20 weeks. Baby is healthy and well. Many are getting too complacent with the “freedom”. Riskier not to think IF get covid, then insufficient safety data. Antibodies are proven to be with baby and breastmilk. If want wait and see, “won’t get covid” mindset, then too late if actually get covid. Community cases keep on rising, keep getting nearer and nearer to us.

Read more

My aunt didn't get vaccine when she was pregnant and then she was affected by covid. Went to ICU and the baby needs to take out through C section :( She passed on but the baby survive. That's when I decided to take vaccine. Yes you may still get covid although you're vaccinated but didn't you know that the vaccine helps to fight back in our body. Best to get but nevertheless own preference

Read more
3y ago

My condolences...

I strongly advise pregnant women to get vaccinated! My husband just tested positive on ART and we finally got him isolated in a room. As he has symptoms, he will get a PCR test tomorrow. I did an ART too and it’s negative so far. I’m currently 25 weeks pregnant. Being fully vaccinated has made me much less worried. I can’t imagine how we will feel if I’m not vaccinated now!

Read more
3y ago

Exactly how I feel. My husband also tested positive while I’m negative and we are isolated now. But I feel a lot more reassured because I’m fully vaxed and can somewhat expect the symptoms to be none or less severe. All the best to us!!

Initially I wanted to vaccinate after giving birth but I changed my mind due to my job and need to go out of house often. So I took my 1st dose when I am 32 weeks and I just took my 2nd dose 2 days ago at 35 weeks. So far sore arms at the injection area and body aches. And my baby in my tummy is moving actively as per normal. It's up to you mummy follow your guts.

Read more

was vaccinated with Pfizer before i got pregnant. I had no reactions for both shots . It has been >6 months since I got the vaccine. EDD in April so planning to get booster in Nov so that if it lasts 6 months it will last me till EDD. Also asking my hubby to get his booster soon - just feel abit more reassured given the rising cases.

Read more

Tml will be my second jab. Due to rising cases, better take to protect both myself and baby. Long term effect not known, but at least short term effects, babies seem to able to deliver smoothly. Better take the vaccine.. Instead of getting covid.. Perhaps no chance to even give birth >

After some considerations, i hv my 1st dose on week 21. Due to the number of covid cases, it is better to be vaccinated but please so seek your gynae advise to ensure both mummy and baby is ok. Currently in week 24 and gg to hv 2nd dose on week 25. Stay safe ya..

Will get vaccinate after my confinement. At 29 weeks now, I don’t wanna be stress and take extra risk with the vaccine, anyway it doesn’t prevent you from getting covid also. I’ll just try to be extra careful and sanitize a lot these days.

3y ago

Mine is a surprise baby, so I got vaccinated on week 1 and week 11. Now at week 15 and baby is all good so far