Vaccination in Singapore?

Any pregnant ladies have been fully vaccinated? Would like to know the side effects for it and which vaccine did you took? Those that are not vaccinated, will you go for the vaccination during pregnancy?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, i had my first jab in Mid July when I was 21 weeks. My gynae is very supportive in taking the vaccine and laid out most recent researches and information about the vaccines. I feel comfortable in taking the jab the other day, I'm scheduled to have my 2nd jab tomorrow. I didn't get any side effect after the first one, other than sore arm. My friend who is expecting as well has been fully vaccinated. She is in 34 weeks now and did not experience any side effect as well after the second dose. Her tips are to ensure the body is fully hydrated, before and after the shot. We both take pfizer.

Read more

At first I was undecided and leaning towards taking it after delivery, and it was also my gynae’s recommendation to take after delivery… but with the constant change on the situation in SG, I felt prompted to take the vaccine before delivery, and surprisingly even my gynae changed her recommendation too. She said new research data suggests that pregnant women are more vulnerable and if infected the mortality/ICU rate is very high. So at week 32, I decided to take my first dose and like what most mums said - just sore around injection site. :)

Read more

hi not sure what week u are at but my gynae advise me to take after week 20 when the baby organ have formed. I planned to take around week 30 so that baby can be protected against covid since there's no covid vaccination for baby yet. if not baby will need to either be breastfed (mum to get vaccinated after) to get the antibodies for covid. wanna protect the baby esp when he's born.

Read more

With the rise in community cases, I have decided to go ahead with the vaccination. As I already got my TDAP and flu vaccine, doc has advised to wait 4 weeks between them and covid vaccination. By the time i’ll take my 1st jab for covid, i’ll be 32 weeks, and by 2nd jab i’ll be 36weeks, with which my gynae is comfortable. And i’ve full trust in her.

Read more

I got my first shot when I didn’t realise I was pregnant (around 2 weeks?) and my second shot at 7 weeks. From the research it doesn’t seem like there’s any impact of the vaccination for pregnant ladies or the babies. I also didn’t have any symptoms after my second jab (fever etc) which made me feel very relieved.

Read more
3y ago

How are you and baby now?

I got my second pfizer shot without realising I was pregnant (around 2 weeks). No side effects for me and when I went to polyclinic to confirm pregnancy, doctor said no issues. Also went for my first scan already. I’m 9 weeks.

Got pregnant after my first Moderna jab in June and doctor advised me to wait until after week 12 to get my second jab, so I'm postponing till then. But there's no option on the MOH page to delay for so many months.

I booked appt for my first vaccine on 17th Aug. By then I'm week 32 already. Just nice the day before I have my gynae appt. I will check with her and let her knw I'm gg for the vaccine and see what she say😊

i got my 1st shoot when i not realise i was pregnant, my conception on same day when i got my vaccination, im facing blighted ovum now, if you are in 1st trimester, Dr not recommend you gt the shoot

I'm fully vaccinated.. 1st n 2nd dose only sore arms.. no other symptoms and I took Pfizer during my 2nd trimester.. I only took a can of coconut water each before the day n after my vaccination..