Help for itchy body at 2nd trimester

Hello everyone! Firstly, can I understand if it’s normal to be itchy all over e body at 2nd trimester? (I’m currently at 14th week) Is there any remedy to stop or reduce the itchiness? Thank you!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

May be change your bathing soap/shower gel as well. I have sensitive skin. I was using those mild soaps still used to get really bad itch especially my belly, chest, back and legs. Doc told me all scented soap are harsh and gave me emulsifying soap. The gel type. I hate it as I don't feel fresh n clean after shower but no choice. I used it continuosly for weeks and when I feel better I slowly switch to my normal soap. After a while then back to emulsifying soap. During pregnancy since skin became more sensitive, I am back to the emulsifying soap again and my itchiness is almost gone.

Read more
VIP Member

Im in tri2 too. I also scratching randomly too. Can be anywhere, from shoulders to tummy to ankles. Somemore im a lazy person who hardly put on body lotion. I bochup til i scratch til reddish all over... 😂 So now im using a comb to scratch, more hygienic in a sense... I can't be washing my hands frequently before I scratch ma, so fingers should be "dirty". 😂

Read more

- Use PH balance and soap free body wash like cetaphil. - Avoid taking hot water shower so that you don’t dry out your skin. - Keep yourself moisturise by applying body lotion after shower. I use Bio oil, it can prevent stretch marks. I hope the above help.

Read more

I have the same problem too. Went to hospital and they do some blood test and they referred me to derm after that. You can buy suubalm. I've been using suubalm now and my skin gets better.

VIP Member

Your skin is probably changing and getting very dry due to pregnancy. You can try to apply moisturiser or stretch mark cream and oil to help with the itching

VIP Member

Same! You can try aveeno body wash/ cream :) it helps to sooth and moisturise the skin

Hi pls buy Mustela Oil