Is my baby overfed?

Hey everyone. Looking for some advice here... my 1 month old was born 2.4kg and now at 3.8kg, which dr at polyclinic said its okay. She is drinking 120ml FM every 2 hours which dr said is okay too.. bc dr said babies cannot overfed. but recently she been vomiting her milk out and has been very fussy and has trouble sleeping (which wasnt an issue before) dr said keep a look out for dehydration if she keeps vomiting but so far she her urine and stool output has been normal. I am trying to lessen her feeds by giving her 60ml hourly instead of 120ml every 2 hours but other than that, im not too sure what am i doing wrong? does it sound like my baby is overfed thats why she keep vomiting her milk out (almost half of her milk, soaking her bib every 1-2 hours) Please help :(((#worriedmummy

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It could be she has a stomach upset and gassy. And yes 3.8kg for 1 month is fine. My daughter 2 month weighing at 4.6kg. She does sometimes spat alot of milk too. Her FM intake is 100 ml but most time she BM direct latch. You can reduce milk intake for time being, do tummy massage, always properly burp baby to release gas, seat baby in a proper position during feeding.

Read more

Your baby may have reflux. My boy has a bit of a reflux too. So I have to hold him upright for at least 10 minutes even if he burped in between. You might wanna try that. You can also add a bit of ridwind in the day and evening just to help with the gassiness, so she is less fussy. Hopefully all these help!

Read more