Baby's weight

Hi everyone! Im sure most of you that are due in June are counting days. Im currently 36+6 today and baby still seems to be on a smaller side, according to doc. What's the ideal weight at the week and care to share your baby's weight please. Thank you!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's completely normal for babies to vary in weight at birth, and it's important to remember that every baby is different and grows at their own pace. At 36+6 weeks, the average weight for a baby is around 5.8 to 6.8 pounds. However, some babies may be smaller or larger than this range and still be perfectly healthy. To ensure your baby's healthy development, it's essential to follow your doctor's recommendations and attend all prenatal check-ups. Make sure you're getting proper nutrition, staying hydrated, and getting enough rest. If your doctor has concerns about your baby's weight, they will provide guidance on how to proceed. Remember that the most crucial factor is that your baby is healthy and is growing steadily. If you have any specific concerns, don't hesitate to discuss them with your healthcare provider. Every baby is unique, and the most important thing is that you and your baby are both doing well. If you have any concerns about your baby's weight or growth, consult your doctor for personalized advice and guidance based on your specific situation. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hello, my baby is also on the smaller side last measured 2kg only but gynae says not to worry as long as the baby gains weight and is on an upwards trajectory instead of going down on the chart. Each baby is different so there is no one ideal weight which fits all, as long as you’re eating well and drinking enough water and taking your vitamins I think that is good enough.

Read more
4mo ago

thank you very much 😍

Hi! I don’t know if this is scientifically proven.. but perhaps you may try taking durian (if glucose levels isnt a concern). Noticed on weeks without consuming durian my baby gained 0.2kg and on weeks with would be about 0.5kg. Tried 3 times from week 32-37! 😅 My obgyn also asked me if I ate durian because baby weight shot up a lot 😅

Read more

My baby is on a smaller side too. Gynae advised me to eat more 😥 Week 34, 2kg for me. How about you?

4mo ago

i'm at 36 weeks 5 days. last check was yesterday and baby is at 2.5kg which my gynae say is average and that all is going well. don't worry too much i guess :)