Is eczema genetic?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Me and my husband both had eczema, so the gynae did tell us that our girl might have eczema too. True enough, her eczema started appearing when she was just 2 months old 😒 For babies with eczema, we must be very conscious with the products we use for them, and must make sure that they are well moisturised. Initially, i thought we just need to be careful with what we use to shower her. Turns out, even laundry detergent we use also matters 😥 We keep her very well moisturised and always made sure that she doesn’t sweat too much, but she still kept having eczema on her body. The dermatologist told us to change her laundry detergent, could be she’s allergic to the laundry detergent. Turns out, it’s really the laundry detergent causing her eczema to not go away. Now we changed to use pipper, her eczema doesn’t flare anymore. Pipper is having 20% promotion at the expo baby fair today and tomorrow. You can buy and try if your child is having eczema. https://babyfair.supermom.com.sg/baby-fair-aug-2018-singapore-expo-pipper-laundry-detergent-lemongrass-900ml.html

Read more

Yes, I read that eczema can be inherited. It is called atopic eczema, which occurs in about 8 in 10 children where both parents have the condition; or in about 6 in 10 children where one parent has the condition.

VIP Member

Can be inherited