Cold water

Can drink cold water during pregnancy? Any side effects ? My MIL says next time baby will have a hard time, is it true ? The weather is really too hot

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to be afriad of the cold, but now I drink cold water and eat ice cream from time to time because I feel hot all the time starting from the end of my first trimester! Just do it in moderation, like take cold water without the ice and small sips to avoid uterus contraction, let the ice cream melt in your mouth before swallowing too, don't take too much at one go and maybe limit to only 1 cold drink or 1 ice cream a day, twice a week etc. I think what you want to avoid is uterus contraction from the cold. Take care and God bless! ❤️

Read more

I do drink cold water like bubble tea etc throughout my pregnancy journey because of the hot weather which I cannot stand 😅 Not sure what your mil said is true but this kind of things depend on your own beliefs. I personally don’t believe it. My baby is out and have been doing quite well. No hard time for my baby. If you are worried, you can just drink it moderately and not overly. Or try to minimise as much as possible like once a week or two weeks.

Read more

Not sure if it’s true, but I’ve been drinking cold water a lot because weather is really too hot. :(