Don't know what has happened to my 2 months old boy. He slept from yesterday midnight till now. No intention to wake up. Never cried for milk also. He only woke up when we tried to dream feed him. Any mum encounters this before? He has become very sleepy.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You're one lucky mummy and you don't know it! Haha. As long as he is waking up for his milk feeds regularly in the day time it shouldn't be a problem. The fact that you dreamfed him was supposed to make him sleep through longer. As babies can only have 1 long sleep in 24 hours, by dreamfeeding him you're actually breaking up his sleep. Say you put him to sleep at 12 and dreamfeed him at 2 his long sleep will start at 2 and probably end around 8? I can't say for sure as it differs among babies. Babies need a lot of sleep and I wouldn't worry too much about it if he is sleeping a lot at this age. Sleep is important for their growth and development!

Read more
VIP Member

That's good. Babies will let you know if they are hungry. If you are breastfeeding, it is even easier for them to adapt to a normal sleep routine as night breastmilk has night-time components to help them to sleep through the night. Evening breastmilk contains higher tryptophan levels, a sleep-inducing amino acid. It is followed by serotonin, a hormone which regulates moods and sleep cycles. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/6255205/Why-breast-milk-helps-babies-sleep-at-night.html

Read more

Rejoice! Get your well deserve rest! Babies will wake up if they are hungry, so don't worry about that. If baby is sleeping, no worries. What I do is I keep warm water in a flask & his powdered milk in his milk canistered next to my bed. If baby wakes up for milk, milk will be ready in less than 2 mins without me running to the kitchen. If he doesn't wake up, good for me!

Read more

During initial months it is normal that newborns tend to feel more sleepy. If you worry that baby will be dehydrate you can wake him/her up for milk feeds.

thanks