Does your another side of breast leak when your baby is nursing another side? Will this gradually stop or as long as baby is nursing, the other side leaks? I am contemplating whether or not to stock up my disposable breast pads..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During the feeding, you can use a towel over the other breast. Every woman is different and hence, it is difficult to tell when yours would stop leaking. From what I’ve heard from some of my friends who experienced this problem, most prefer to play safe by having the breast pads “supply” ready. They usually try to sell or give the unused ones away after the leaking stopped.

Read more

Haakaa silicone pump can effectively suction on to your non-nursing or non-pumping breast to collect the leaking breastmilk. Haakaa is a New Zealand brand and the pump is made from food grade material, the same material used to make pacifiers. It stays hands-free and can contain up to 100ml of breastmilk. You can get the pump at www.greatvaluebuys.com

Read more

If you just recently gave birth, this could happens coz baby's tummy is small so breast still not empty after one feeding. As your baby grows, he'll drink more and the leaking will stop. Unless you are an oversupply mama (which you may want to consider marmet or pump to empty your breast and avoid blockage).

Read more

yeah it's normal..even up to now when i nurse my 20month old baby..what i do when that happens..whenever i feel like it's about to leak i simply cover it with my fingertip to stop it..but u can always collect the milk that leaks if u want..😀

Normal for the other breast to leak. I have read from other posts of yours that you have an impression you have a low supply mom? Consider using breast shield or milk saver to collect the milk from your leaking breasts!

Yes, it does...and always leak like nobody's business. Lol What I did was to collect the milk with an empty bottle. Or alternatively you can use breast shield to collect it.

VIP Member

Yup, my breast always leaks when I am nursing from one side. Sometimes I just cup my pump on the other side to collect the milk that leaks. :)