Wearable pump to standby

Ill be delivering in 3 months time, i have bought 1 medela harmony manual pump and bought 1 side of electric wearable breast pump (autumnz marvel). Do i need to buy another 1 side wearable breast pump or just stick to 1 first? As im not sure how my breastfeeding journey will be since this is my first time. #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would think just stick to what u have first. Try it out before u get another. You can always order online for others if it doesnt work for u. I made the mistake of buying an electric wearable breast pump tt didn't have high suction and it became useless for me. Then I ordered Spectra and cld find a better size insert for the cup and tt got me more milk.

Read more

seems like you already decided to buy 1 to start with? most people buy 2 and sell if it doesn’t work for them la. you might be too busy and tired to buy when baby comes, and you have to wait for it to be shipped too. best to standby 2. i would have recommended you get secondhand in case your bf journey is short. just buy new spare parts will do

Read more

you can let baby drink from one breast and pump the other side at the same time. depending on how breastfeeding goes and your preference, you can always buy another side if necessary. Personally, I only pump with one side as I'm too lazy to wash too many pump parts.

I think you should buy two as with the baby it will be difficult to buy and wait Just buy another one and sell if your breastfeeding journey is short

TapFluencer

i believe this will suffice for the time being until u have tried & know what to look out for in a pump that works for u