Does Ruyi oil help with colic? If so, heard there are 2 types in the market.. do you know which one is suitable for a 6 week old? The standard red tin one?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am using this for my baby after every diaper change. It started when he always have bloated tummy and now it is a habit and will make baby smell really nice! I am buying the one with oranges not the ones with a boat. The boat one don't smell as nice and not as effective I feel. Like Jasmine said, you have to put them on your palms and rub a little before apply on baby. Do note not to pour too much! It will be really hot for babies.

Read more

Ru Yi You or 如意油 has been used by my mother and grandmother ,to get rid of tummy wind or bloatedness in the stomach. Usually applied after the baby’s bath and around the belly button, Instead of pouring the oil directly onto their delicate skin, rub a few drops between your palms before gently rubbing baby’s tummy. This method also ensures a more even application.

Read more
Post reply image

it helps him to dispel wind. many of my nurse friends swear by it. but no scientific evidence to prove it.