Latching newborn

Does anyone of your hubby doesn’t encourage you to breastfeed? As far as possible, i would love to breastfeed my newborn but it’s quite depressing as i couldn’t find the right positions to latch and baby is not interested in latching. Told Hubby and he commented “anything i can, but latching is none of my business.” which i’m quite disappointed and felt depressed about it.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Could it be his wrong choice of words? perhaps he meant he cannot help (as in don't know how to help as well). while we are feeling frustrated over the baby who cannot latch well. Fathers might feel equally helpless. he might not want you to feel stressed over it as well. rmb fed is best. jiayou on your breastfeeding journey.

Read more

maybe he feels uncomfortable with the idea but nonetheless, we have a choice as a mother. There are a few positions to try such as cradle and football hold..I used them both depending on situations. Jiayou!

your husband needs to get on board because it’s his kid and it’s his business. be more supportive at least. can practice one don’t worry. my LO could only latch well after third month

My ger was very impatient and couldnt really latch. I couldnt find a good position for her and soon i got tired as well. I feel ur hb feels helpless and theres nth he could do.