kkh hospital

hi, does anyone know the charges for KKH subsidised baby and mummy ward? lets say if im taking Ward C.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi if you’re taking C ward, most likely everything is subsidised by govt. My colleague gave birth to all 4 kids (1st kid was 8 years go and 4th kid 2 months ago) under subsidised C ward and no payment needed upfront nor after birth. If you’re worried about the bills, just consult a social worker. Also, you don’t have to pay right after discharge. The bills will be sent to your address. I was so worried about mine because I had emergency c-sect, hospitalised for 6 days due to complications and baby had to be in phototherapy for 24hrs. When the bill came, I got a shock of my life because it was $11k plus (Govt grant $7k plus, balanced covered by my own hospital insurance) and baby’s was $2k plus (Medisave covered all). So in the end, it was FOC for me! Haha. And I took B2 ward, just one ward above C ward which is also subsidised. Oh in fact i received 2 cheques from my insurance company. 1) 6 days of daily hospital stay $900 2) $1177 of my pre-natal visits (by right $900 was supposed to be reimbursed back to Medisave) So do speak to a social worker if you’re worried about the bills. ☺️

Read more
2y ago

thats alot of subsidies from govt!!! okay thank you so much for ur help :’) will we be speaking with the admission office in week 32 during the check up?

It's all subsidies by govt. I just gave birth last August and the bill came about 2k including the medicine if I'm not wrong. All cover by medisave. No need deposit/pay upfront All will be done during your admission when you want to deliver your baby. Can use your hubby/your medisave.

Read more
2y ago

Sorry for the late reply. Yes. But can use medisave so no cash needed 😊

I took subsidized C ward and only paid $120 upfront and the remaining they gave me $1000+ refund through cheque/Pay now . Call and enquiry but when billing time like when ur husband admitting you pls let them know , u are paying by medisave .

2y ago

$2k plus by medisave all , I cashed out $120 only

Hi san san! I feel like i know you! Could be my ex classmate or something. Anyways, try this out. Hope it helps 🥰 https://www.kkh.com.sg/patient-care/Pages/Estimated-Bill-Calculator-Form-Delivery.aspx

2y ago

rlly! hahaha! omg

my first & 2nd 80% govt subs.. plus i got insurance that covers both my baby and my hospital stay. i didnt pay anything at all as the rest covered by medisave. i stay for 1 night only.

1y ago

That was a private insurance? What type of insurance?