Relactation

Does anyone have any relactation advice to render? My baby doesn’t latch anymore and my milk supply is so little. I rarely pump nowadays. Each time I pump, I’m only able to yield less than 10ml from each side. I understand that I need to get my baby to latch (I only let him latch occasionally for comfort feeding, he only latches for less than 5 minutes before unlatching himself) as often as I could, also to pump regularly. My husband bought Legendairy lactation supplements but it doesn’t help that I don’t pump regularly. I don’t feel any sort of engorgement or fullness of milk ducts on my breasts. In fact, my breasts are kinda fat and have that empty feeling. Help!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

So your baby drinks formula now? Why do you want to go back to breastfeeding ?

5y ago

Yes he’s been on formula since one week he was born. Initially there was a latching issue and I was in major pain too - already saw the lactation consultant and all. Since then I have been expressing breast milk and supplementing with formula. My breast milk wasn’t much to begin with. During that period I was having some issues and was shifting houses during my confinement, so I pumped less and less. Eventually my supply dipped. My baby is 1.5 months now and fully on formula (no judgements, please). Every day I feel defeated that I don’t give breast milk to my baby. Donated breast milk is out of the question. I’m now pain-free and well, so would like to go back to breastfeeding, though not fully. But I’d like to see my supply increase.