Do your babies blow raspberries (like spitting sounds) a lot?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most babies start blowing raspberries and bubbles at 6-8 months old. Kids nowadays learn very fast. They will pick up the skills fas especially if you encourage them. I will normally blow back-besides being darling, those raspberries teach a variety of important skills. "Razzies really teach babies how to regulate their voice, how to turn it on and off, change the volume and the pitch. It shows them how to navigate the diaphragm, mouth, lips and tongue. All that noise gives the jaw a great workout by exercising the muscles needed to move lips independently of the jaw and tongue. That's a crucial skill for when they start using a spoon and eating chunkier foods.

Read more

The technical term for blowing raspberries is "bilabial trills," and it's one of our earliest language-development skills. Once a baby learns to create the sound of blowing rasberries -- or any -- delightful sound, he/she'll do it over and over again. Before a baby can learn to form words, he has to master moving his mouth, tongue, and lips together. Repeatedly blowing raspberries helps him coordinate this movement.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-4420)

Once they start expressing themselves or want to talk or listen to their own voice, sometimes I've noticed them that they blow raspberries. Common but not compulsory.

I have noticed this behavior after she was like 6-7 month old. But she does do this many times or very little on some day. keeps varying.

@vanessa The only volume change is louder :D