Do you know any good veggie-based recipes that even kids will love?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nuggets and fries are almost always a hit with children. How about making a veggie-based and healthier version of this fast food favourite? My recipe consists of potatoes, corn, chilli, onions and carrots. You will also need an egg, flour, breadcrumbs, canola oil and seasonings. Here's a rough recipe I use. I don't really use measurements and for this recipe, it's so easy, just follow your own preferences. - Boil the potatoes till they are soft enough to mash. - Add the rest of the veggies, which have been cut into smaller pieces, into the mash and incorporate well, with salt, pepper and whatever seasonings you like. - Shape them into balls or patties and after that dredge them in the following sequence: flour, egg, breadcrumb (I use Panko). - You can either bake these in the oven at 200-220degC for 15-20 minutes or shallow fry them in hot canola oil till golden brown. Sometimes, I add cheese in the middle of the veggie nuggets as I'm shaping them and after it's cooked, cheese oozes out beautifully :) As for the fries, since normal potatoes are used in the nuggets, I substitute them with sweet potatoes. Again, it's super simple to make. Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into long strips. Coat with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and whatever herbs you like. Spread evenly on an oven pan and bake in 220degC for about 20-25 minutes.

Read more
Post reply image
4mo ago

Thanks for sharing

I really enjoy cauliflower rice. http://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/ To make these, you simply have to cut out the florets of the cauliflower and put them through the food processor. I would then treat them as "rice" and make fried cauliflower rice by simply frying them with egg. You can also use cauliflower to make mashed cauliflower. Add a little bit of cheese if your child find the taste of cauliflower too overpowering. Enjoy!

Read more
8y ago

This is great. Thanks! :)

sand witch z the best receipe that v can gv easily to the children .take 2 slices of wheat bread ,choopped tomatoes,chooped cucumber,finely chopped coriander,spread mint chutney and keep all these vegees in one bread ,sprikle some rock salt,and black pepper as u required and cover with another bread and fry it on tawa by applying some butter thats it tasty and healthy sandwitch z ready .my children like it very much.

Read more

How about a lasagna packed with veggies and cheese? When I don't know what to make for my vegetarian guests, an eggplant lasagna with mushrooms, tomatoes, fresh plants and lots of cheese is a good choice and a substantial meal. Here's a recipe I like to use: http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/aubergine-lasagne/

Read more
8y ago

This looks really good. Can't wait to try making this. Thanks!

Try eggplant lasagna (had tried this one, tasted really good). Add diced carrot on bolognese sauce for your spaghetti. You can try Spinach Quiche as well, or try mix vegetable with tasty thing like cheese to bring up their appetite. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20876/crustless-spinach-quiche/

Go to below website for healthy vegetarian foods for kids 1)Vegetarian kids www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/vegetarian-kids 2)Kid friendly vegetable recipes www.marthasteward.com 3)Super healthy kids vegetarian recipes www.superhealthyds.com

Read more