Is it normal for ifc teachers to kiss your baby?

She did it infront of me, I was stunned but just laughed it off as she really dotes on my baby. But it is normal? My husband said another teacher did it too after carrying into the school.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have 5 baby nephews and I used to pick 2 of them up from their infant care. When I reached earlier than my mother (I’m sadly not the guardian haha) I sit outside the gate and I always see the teachers kissing/smelling the babies head. Personally, I feel that as long as never kiss the face is okay. (Head/hair/hands are alright) you can think of it this way: the teacher dotes and show affection for your baby, hence baby is in good hands. Ofc, if you mind then just reach out politely and inform that you are not comfortable.

Read more
VIP Member

well technically that shouldn't happen. I'm an early years educator of ten years and I always restrain myself because we have seen cases of viral/bacterial infections no matter how adorable the kiddos are. u might want to bring it up to the teachers and principal if needed and hopefully they will respect ur wishes and be more aware.

Read more

not suppose to I will tell teacher I don't like even now I'm not comfortable when seeing most teacher not wearing mask at class

Read more

i will not be happy if that happened to my baby no matter how cute & adorable the baby is, teacher should know the boundary