Did anyone travel in the first trimester? Is it safe? I booked my tickets before I knew I was pregnant. Flying to Geneva.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends with your own health personal history, first time pregnant, have you ever had high risk pregnancy before, and etc..youre the one that knowing your body. I had self experience on this, i had travel 10 hours in total to overseas seeing my spouse, at that time i was 6 weeks, my gut was telling me no, though my gyne gave me a green light, and my spouse wanted me to be there soon, so torn between them i took a flight, at 12 weeks we have scan and its just completely heart breaking news we got. So please, hearing what your body tells to you. All the best and good luck. Now i have been blessing 24 weeks with beautiful little one :).

Read more

Yes it's safe provided you do not have any spotting or complications. When I was in my first trimester I had some spotting and I mentioned to my gynae that I was going overseas. She discouraged me from going as she felt my foetus could be unstable and even issued me a letter stating that I'm unfit for travel in case I need to fight for a refund from the airline company. I chose to go anyway but I still feel it's better to heed the gynae's recommendations though nothing bad happened to me.

Read more

It should be safe for you to travel during your first trimester. There may be discomfort from your pregnancy symptoms (i.e., morning sickness, lethargy). Still, it is best to consult your gynecologist for things to look out for during the flight. You can refer to this article for some tips to make your flight more comfortable: http://www.parents.com/advice/pregnancy-birth/my-pregnant-body/is-it-safe-to-travel-during-my-first-trimester/

Read more

For most women, traveling during pregnancy is safe. As long as you and your fetus are healthy, you can travel safely until you are 36 weeks pregnant.

I travelled to bangkok during my first trimester. Apart from the very bad turbulence, everything else went smoothly!

I went to Korea and Hongkong at 7 weeks. Same case. Tickets and tour booked before finding out about pregnancy.

Ok.... but prepare some candies, sour plums or anything that would help you feel better when on flight.

I did! Perfectly fine. Maybe cause I didn't have any nausea as well..

thanks

Yes its safe traveled from Ghana to South Africa