Fever after vaccine

Did anyone 1 month old got fever after taking vaccine if have fever what to do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As per polyclinic and KKH, they say panadol is fine for babies. Personally, if baby is running low grade fever 37.5-38, try sponging with wet cloth. Have a container filled with tap water by your bedside and use the cloth to cool off baby. After few minutes you will notice body is less warm. Unfortunately, have to do frequently until no more fever, maybe every hour, so I tend to keep my baby in a diaper only. So to avoid baby feeling cold, turn to low fan speed or off the fan. Just remember, fever is temporary as the body is adjusting to the vaccine.

Read more

My doctor advised not to give paracetamol because they’re still very young. You can put the fever cooling patch or use towel soaked with normal tap water (don’t use ice water) and put on baby’s head. Check baby’s temperature regularly. If fever keeps going up till 38/39 degree & above, go to the PD straight.

Read more
1w ago

Yes agree 1 month old too young best not to self-medicate

Most likely will have fever a few hours after vaccines. Prepare baby thermometer and check baby’s temperature often. Need to sponge with wet cloth, paste fever patch on forehead, neck, and armpits. Lastly, give paracetamol if too high. I will also breastfeed more regularly to hydrate baby.

TapFluencer

the polyclinic would usually previde us with paracetamol durinng vaccine...

Bring to a pd for further advice

paracetamol for fever 37.5