Female circumcision (sunat perempuan)

Dear mummies (muslim parents), can I check if you mummies still send your female daughters for female circumcision in this day and era? I'm asking coz my husband is a bit unwilling to let our baby girl go through such procedure as we are not able to find any supporting facts in the Quran with regards to female circumcision. I told my mum that I may not send my daughter for female Circumcision however she was kind of upset and the other day she sends me texts saying that my other siblings / her friends keep asking if we have send our girl for circumcision. Any mummies here that didn't send their girl for circumcision and may I know why? #advicepls #firstbaby #1stimemom #pleasehelp #babygirl

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I sent mine to Banyan Clinic. The procedure is harmless, costs 65 dollars and my baby didn't hurt that much (as she cried for 10 seconds literally, then stopped right after she could wear her diapers again 😆) Honestly, I was also being haunted at first by many opinion around me saying if it is harmful to the baby, better not do it. I did my own research and came to my peace as I am confident whatever is sunnah(recommended plus get extra reward in our deeds) must have a great reason to be recommended in Islam. It is not harus(permissable), another law in Islam.. it is Recommended which makes it even better. What I realize is that a lot of things in Islam are recommended like fasting Mondays and Thursdays, doing complete ablution (all 8 body parts rather than just the 4 obligatory parts), praying sunat before fardhu prayers, etc. have their own benefits that our limited human minds cannot even imagine and one that only our God knows, I came to my peace to do the procedure for my daughter. Hope this helps. Sincerely, another Muslimah mother:)

Read more