Is kindergarten or cc better for 4-6 years old? We have a helper and younger Daughter at home. Not sure sending ds to cc or kindi.. Kindi has 3-4 hours of lesson time whereas cc usually 9-11am. So children learn more academics in kindi? Or at this stage they prefer play w peers in cc? Need your advice. Thanks

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it very much depends on your needs and the purpose for sending your child to either a childcare or kindergarten. A number of my friends chose to end their children to childcare either because they are working, or they needed some time at home to attend to household chores etc. For the latter, sending their children to childcare then provide a longer period of time for them to do the stuff. Also, it takes two meals preparation off their plates. For those who opt for the alternative options, sending their children to kindergarten or enrichment classes is more for educational purpose, as well as more interaction with other children. So I’d say it really depends on what is most suitable for your family. Hope you found these useful. :)

Read more

Academics wise, child care provides developmental activities for children while kindergartens have more of a subject-based structure and the activities to promote the academic skills of children. In terms of educators, kindergarten teachers are required to be certified officially in teaching while day care center employees may have experience in child care, and some may be certified in early childhood education, but day care employees are usually not required to have teacher certifications. Since you have a helper at home, maybe the kindergarten would be good? I personally feel that kids learn more at kindergarten and it prepares them for a proper school curriculum when they move on to primary school.

Read more

Depends for my daughter is cc and my son is kindergarten, for my daughter she is more independent for my son abit mama boy. Cc let the children do thing themselves like eat, set the bed and toilet train. Kindergarten only eat themselves others no. The teacher there will ask parent train ourselves for toilet.

Read more
8y ago

Hi when u compare ur ds n dd's homework, is it the same difficulty level at the same age?

Nowadays is more difficult for my daughter I can teach her to about sec1 but my son I have difficulty teach pri 4. The homework is very tricky.