7 Replies

Hello dear, I'm so sorry to hear about your little one's nappy rash. It can be so distressing when our babies are uncomfortable. Firstly, it does sound like the diaper change might have contributed to the rash. Even though both products are from the same brand, they may have different materials or levels of absorbency that could affect your baby's sensitive skin. Switching back to Huggies Platinum might be a good step to see if it helps improve the situation. In the meantime, here are some additional tips to help soothe and heal your baby's nappy rash: 1. **Frequent Diaper Changes**: Make sure to change your baby's diaper frequently to keep the area as dry as possible. Wet and soiled diapers can aggravate the rash. 2. **Air Time**: Give your baby some diaper-free time each day. Letting their skin breathe can really help with healing. 3. **Gentle Cleaning**: Use plain water or a gentle, alcohol-free wipe to clean your baby's bottom. Avoid rubbing—pat gently instead. 4. **Barrier Cream**: Continue applying a thick layer of barrier cream to protect the skin. You can use something like Sudocrem or Bepanthen, which are excellent for creating a protective layer on the skin. 5. **Avoid Irritants**: Steer clear of wipes or creams with strong fragrances or alcohol, which can further irritate the skin. 6. **Lotion for Sensitive Skin**: Consider using a specialized lotion to help soothe and protect your baby's skin. I recommend this fantastic lotion product which you can check out here: [Baby Lotion](https://invl.io/cll7h5b). If the rash doesn’t improve in a few days or gets worse, it may be worth getting a second opinion from another pediatrician or a dermatologist. Sometimes persistent nappy rashes can be due to yeast infections or other conditions that might require specific treatments. I hope these suggestions help, and your little one feels better soon! Take care, [Your Name] https://invl.io/cll6she

Not sure if your baby is sensitive to another type of brand but if it’s me I would just change back first and only after recover, try again to see if it is really the diaper problem. But if your baby is 8 months already and only just have diaper rash after you change then maybe it’s really the diaper? Unless you have some changes like another care giver doing diaper change or something Make sure you change the diaper frequently and must be dry before applying the desitin cream. I’ve been using desitin blue for maintenance after every diaper change but yes for now can use the purple one I think stronger. All the best!

Hello Mummies💞 Thank you so much for the solution n advice.. I've already brought the huggies platinum and been keep changing the diaper every hourly.. I feel stress when sees the nappy rash.. it's severe inflamation... everythough my baby seems to active but when he start to cried i know very painfull down there.. I hope my baby recover soon... Once again Thank you so much mummies... I really appreciate it alot💞💞💞

I used sudocream for both my little ones. Always generous on applying a layer of protection. a little redness subsided once I apply the cream too. Very effective for both my babies. You can try.

I would change back to the old brand for the time being. Can try Sudocrem antiseptic cream maybe?

TapFluencer

desitin has proven effective on my LOs

f

Trending Questions