Why is my belly still so small?

dear mommies I’m a first time single mom and I’m currently in my 31 week. But why is my belly still so small? Baby is kicking fine. It didn’t bother me at first till people started commenting things like. 7 months??? Why still so small. And that got me to overthink a lot. Kinda hurts my heart . Should I be worried? ( side note I’ve always thought it was normal and fine as I’m quite chubby”) And nowadays I’ve notice I barely have appetite to eat. And sleeping has been so rough. Kept waking up every few hours. Very hard to fall asleep. Is this normal?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal for first time mums to have small belly because everything is not stretched out yet. I have a small belly (my colleagues didn’t know I was pregnant till late 8 months, some only saw my belly the day before I went to induce *imagine their shocked faces*). And yes, hard to sleep is normal, however if you’re worried, do raise your concerns to gynae during your next scan (they know your condition best!). Congratulations and wishing you a smooth delivery! ☺️

Read more