Having Nightmare

Hi Daddies & Mummies, My son (27 months in PG now) had nightmare recently. On Monday, it was terrible that I had to bring him to the temple & prayed. Thereafter, his nighmare stopped. However, yesterday & today, he cried & refused to enter the CCC once we reached. Instead we loitered around till he was satisfied to enter the CCC (that was yesterday). For today, he didn't even want to enter the CCC & I had to drag him in. Only then his Chinese form teacher managed to pacify & settled him down. May I know what is the main reason? Was he frightened by the new kids onboard or something else? Thank you!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Was there a change to his routine recently? Do you have a new helper at home? Did he watch a scary movie? When my daughter seems troubled (they are about same age) I always hold her close and tell her that Mummy loves her incredibly. That she is my most precious thing and that when things upset her she must tell mummy about it and why. Sometimes to understand her mood better I also get her to draw images for me and see what colours she chooses. I have a Friend going thru a divorce and it’s interesting that his Daughter chooses lots of grey, black and browns and generally draws and crosses out happy images, and while my Daughter usually goes for blue and yellow and orange and likes to draw hearts and the number 2. Lol.

Read more

I came across an article recently and it really enlightened me as to why kids have scary dreams. Stress and anxiety can trigger nightmares. They could be because of overwhelming changes in life that may seem simple to us adults. Observe your child and try to find out what is triggering these fears. Here's the article: https://sg.theasianparent.com/nightmares-and-night-terrors-in-kids/ hope it helps!

Read more

He started PG in Oct 2017. Having the same English form teacher who is now assistant teacher cos she will be on maternity leave soon. That's why new English form teacher started a month ago. Chinese form teacher joined in Jan 2018.

I am not sure if it's the new English form teacher who joined a month ago. But I asked the assistant teacher & Chinese form teacher this morning, they said he was ok.

Oic! I try this method tonight :)

Did he recently start playschool?