Currently bfing my 19mo by latching. I have the privillage to bring him to work for him thus i am able to latch this long. He will be going to school next year Jan. He is unable to accept bottles. He is okay with drinking packet milk and milo. Straw bottles are mainly water for him. I am unable to convince my family that fresh milk are okay for them since they are 1yo and above. Any other ways that i can intro FM to my child?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Is it possible to put the fm into the straw bottles? Maybe this design bottle for fm and the other design bottle for water? What about drinking from cup/sippy cup in the morning or at night or when at home? Because after 1, the main source of nutrients suppose to be from the food they eat and not so much of milk (which is a small part only). So if possible u can just latch him when he is home or encourage him to drink from cups/packet milk etc when u are at home w him. Fm is just laden w cheap nutrients meant to cash in on parents' insecurity abt child's nutrients which a varied balance meal will satisfy. If he is eating well, I think the milk can just cut back by increasing nutritious other foods

Read more
8y ago

He is also with me at work. He will insist on pulling my top to latch. I will try your method on using two different cartoon bottles. One for milk, one for water. Maybe i should get his fave cartoon for a start

Fm in cups ? Not necessary bottles. Since he is already 19 Mths he may think that bottles are for babies