Labour & Delivery Preparation/Tips

Hi! Currently 29 weeks and I’d like to know what are some preparation I can make from now till my labour and delivery to prepare myself as much as possible. And any tips or advice for when I’m in labour and delivery?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Being a second time mum. Always read up on the options of birth like natural, vaginal, VBAC, C section. If you have high pain tolerance level then it is good for you. Alternatively, if you are not then don't pressure yourself, take the necessary like jab on thigh, epi, gas (whatever suits you) and if your birth plan don't go your way have an option in mind like vacuum, forceps, c section. This is all boil down to your decision and body as well as agreement between gynae/spouse/you. Remember that sometimes what we plan doesn't go our way unexpectedly so be prepare for what comes your way when you are in labour. Your number one supporter should be spouse and he has to always learn to make you calm, breathing technic and never pressure you despite whatever happened. Most important, if his afraid of blood, then dont look! If not Dr, midwife and nurse will be mad 😂🤭 Never lift your butt when you are pushing this is to avoid tearing till the anal. Makesure Dr/gynae communicate with you giving assurance it is okay and remove all the necessary blood clot before stitching up (if needed). Always tell yourself be calm, dont scream or you will get tired and lost a lot of energy. Dont lose focus and trust what your body is doing. Trust your motherly instinct too. At any point do make sure no one forces you to make decision that will ruin your birth journey. This is what I told myself when I was in labour the first time. It wasn't the plan I wanted but baby was healthy and I have support roles from on duty Dr, midwife, nurse and husband (though he wasn't around).

Read more

Try to get as much sleep and rest as possible! Do short walks and listen to nice calming music. Prepare hospital bag and bring items like socks to keep your feet warm and newborn clothing to leave hospital in. All the best! :) I also dates the 2 weeks before my EDD, heard that it helps with smoother delivery and mood! https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/dates-during-pregnancy#easier-labor

Read more