Can i refuse insulin?

Could i refuse insulin as i could control my sugar during pregnancy😔#1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Do what the doc advice, if you are on insulin means your blood sugar is high. Usually they start you off with medicine. Take insulin it will not effect baby, cause if you dont there are alot of complications that come with high blood sugar. Im not trying to scare you or be nasty but i feel its your responsiblity to bring your child in this world as healthy as possible. When u free google the side effects of GD in pregnancy

Read more

My endocrine doc actually suggested me to take insulin as she was afraid i try to control my diet and end up not eating enuf. However i did not take insulin thruout the pregnancy as my glucose were still alright no doubt at times it shoots up. But i felt guilty when it shoots up, was very upset when i knew i had GD because i really dun wish it has effect on my baby.

Read more

Im at insulin for few months now. I also tried to not to inject for some days but there will be occasionally spikes. What doctor told me is why make your body suffer when insulin is there to help. Furthermore u still need to eat and u might not be able to eat enough if you’re controlling diet..