Hello mummies, wondering if anyone has done their confinement without a nanny? Can share your experiences? Thank you!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Did confinement together with hubby as we were comfortable with strangers handling baby. Even for our existing helper, we refrained her from helping us with the baby, including washing of baby bottles. So she’ll only help to do baby’s laundry. It’s tough as I need to nurse baby every 3 hourly not forgetting pumping schedule, washing of bottles, sterilizing and cycle repeats. Hubby helped with washing so I am able to get rest in between. I’ll do night duties as he needs to work in the morning but wfh. So good thing is that though I’ll need to handle baby in the day as well, hubby is able to assist in between his work. Things will get better at around the 3rd month when baby can sleep through the night. I ordered confinement meal twice a day and the portion was too huge so I was able to share with hubby. So this saves us a lot of trouble.

Read more

didn't get 1 also...do it with my hubby who help me alot and when I'm expressing he will feed the baby cause I dun want to be latch as she always fall asleep and I will too so becomes engorged so I rather expressed haha. have to wash alot of things so better to avoid if possible cause my finger feels so painful after daily washing of bottles and pump. got a massage lady and my mum or hubby will be around. food will be from Thomson medical so no need to cook and will bathe w boiled herbal water. very tiring but bec of the covid situation dint want to have a nanny around. so very impt have to have at least one more hand to look after so as to rest well.

Read more

yes I've done it w my no.1.. ordered my confinement food, husband helped to boil red date tea for me every morning for the 28 days (he does it before he goes to work when paternity leave ended), got my postnatal massage done and either my mom/husband was around to watch the baby. honestly can be quite tiring because no one will help to wash the bottles/pumps/baby clothes but looking back I wouldn't have it any other way.. it helped me learn from the start and in a way kept me busy. I rested whenever baby rested too. slept with a warm water bottle within reach all the time cuz I get super thirsty. haha. try to find ways to make things more convenient !

Read more
3y ago

Thank you for sharing!

I did recently with my first newborn without a nanny. Husband wasnt keen to get one because he doesnt like strangers in the house. He was very hands on and i had ordered confinement food as well. Honestly it can be tiring but it also depends on ur baby. I dont get to rest much because mine doesnt really sleep.

Read more
3y ago

Np!

TapFluencer

me. did it with my hubs and helper who washes the clothes and all and for the food I ordered confinement food. my mum and dad would cook some confinement dishes for me too.