Does your child confide in you about their troubles in school?
Voice your Opinion
Yes
No
Sometimes (Explain in the comments below)

582 responses

30 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I will have ‘pillow talk’ with my eldest before we dozed off. A good way to bond and also an excellent way to find out what’s going on. I realised if I asked him straight after fetching him from school, usually he won’t reveal much. I read about it somewhere that we must treat our kids like adults. Do we wanna someone barking at us after a long day at work? We dun, dun we?

Read more
TapFluencer

I need to ask then my elder one (5yo) will share. He will only spontaneously share if teacher complained that he's naughty in school. Often I take that moment as 'teaching moments'. My daughter (4yo) shares about everything and anything. Whether she naughty or not. lol!!!

No matter how much I probe my child wouldn’t talk about things. At three years old she said “I don’t want to talk about it”. ?!?!!! She eventually told me after another three years

I had a habit of spending a 1 - 1 time with my child to listen to him telling me what happen in school

Yeap, I'll usually talk to her about her day (and mine) and she'll tell me what happens in school

VIP Member

My boy still not able to fully explain or describe his day in sch or trouble.

yes sometimes. gonna prope in so he can learn how to Express more freely

they do tell me, but soemtimes unless I ask they wont tell me

Super Mum

Need to actively participate in the child's development

Yes because i always get them to open up to me