Eczema

We went to a pd and got to know my son has eczema. Was given steroid cream. It cleared the acne, red patches away but we stopped using it and relying on it once we realised his skin got dry and patchy. We started using suu balm after which and it got better but we realised that the acne, red patches on his skin will start to appear once we stopped using the cream. Do you mummies know if we have to solely rely on cream to combat eczema? We have tried to keep his cheeks clean; pat it with warm water etc but the acne will still be there. I am honestly quite bothered with pple and strangers approaching me about it and implying that i do not keep his cheeks clean/ the environment he is in; my home is dirty/ passing remark on my hair touching his face which is not true as i keep them up. Can’t help to feel like i am a bad mom each time i hear it.

Eczema
15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hello Noor, congratulations on your healthy baby. Sometimes eczema could be passed down via genetics. I understand the rude comments. Just tell them alhamdulillah, my baby is healthy. As a mummy, follow your heart. I have been reliant to steroids as well and people will always have things to say. Listen to your heart and your Dr advice. In Shah Allah, all will be fine. You are doing great, mama.

Read more
4y ago

Thank you my dear! You made me smile reading your reply. Alhamdulillah syukur! Thank you for the advice :) ❤️❤️