Chinese 7th Mth is coming soon. Can I let my LO stay out after 7pm or better not?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Better not. If can, when its after 6pm, try not to let him slp on stroller, it's better to carry him near u so tt he will feel comfortable and at ease..also avoid swimming where possible... if really must stay out after sunset, then must buy those green lemon, cut into 7 pieces and put in the water n wipe his body before getting him to bed.. my mum teach me this.

Read more

It's hard as we rush from office could only pick lo up from babysitter's at 7+on, earliest reach home is 8pm. Think will try as much as possible to stay at home at night and yes, close all windows and doors by 9+pm. Will place pomegranate leaves in nursery and bedroom, and if need, add the leaves to his evening wipe down water when he gets home.

Read more

if really no choice to stay out late cleanse baby after u reach home with the xia Liu flower water.. try not to frequent out late some BB very pantang in the end u might have to bring to temple to pray if BB keep crying... my sister baby also like that .. they are more sensitive during the 7month.. up to individual believing ..

Read more

Definitely it's individual preference. If you or any of your family member believes on this, not worth to take the risk. Do the needful and enjoy bonding time at home. You can do something, different capture the moments n built the memory making it special..

i dun bother at all... up to u and ur feeling... my mum nag.. dun bring out. la... i ask them den u dun go out w me lor... see u boring anot... lol.. from den they shut up...of coz u dun purposely go those prayer area all this kor

VIP Member

It's really up to your comfort level. Some would say "better to be safe than sorry". For me, I try not to bring my kid out when it is dark even on usual days because of mosquitoes. Haha it is a practical and valid concern...

My parent advice not to stay out too late after sunset as baby tend to see the good brothers easily. Usually I would stay at my parent's hse if I unable to reach home early. Dun call his name when you are late home.

The First day of seven months and last day of seven try to stay at home. But try to avoid places like beach or go swimming at beach. but if you are not superstitious it don't think about it.

it's actually really up to individual. If u believe it's not good for them , just bring home early . For me I won't let them stay out late and will close all doors and windows before 10pm

Well, all these are up to individual. For me, I allow as I think the good brothers have good food and are enjoying themselves so ok but not the last day.