Kids safety

Just to check is it safe to apply those itchy ointment (e.g. mopiko) to baby for insect or mozzie bites? What other recommendation to ease the itchiness ? My baby is 2 month+ .

38 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It's pretty safe to use. Can use salt water to kill the germs/bacteria, also to ease the itch too. Or use baking soda to apply over the bites area. If not apply lots of aloe vera to keep it moist after mosquitos cream. U can paste a mosquitos repellent patch on baby clothing to repellent mosquitos or spray mosquitos repellent on their clothing. Tiger balm is very gd.

Read more

Prevention is better then cure, so definitely try to use natural mozzie replent spray or patches. I prefer to spray it on baby clothes. Remember to cut babies nail to prevent scratching. Adding aveeno colloidal oatmeal lotion in a bath water also helps to sooth itching. Later aloe Vera gel or calamine lotion definitely helps..

Read more

I use Neem leaf extract spray or aloe vera gel, both work well. Neem leaf extract spray is a natural mosquito repellant too so I usually spray some on the kids before going out.

Zambuk is fine. Have tried on my kids and they r fine with it. Doesn't have a cool feeling and so far my kids ate quite happy with it as compared to mopiko.

Read more

I use anti itch patch if kena bites cos I worry apply those gel or cream baby will touch it & put in his mouth or eyes .

My friend has tried aloe vera and toothpaste. Offered some form of relief it seemed. Not sure if it will work for your baby.

I am using Aloe Vera gel for my baby. Please read the instructions first before you apply onto the baby' skin.

VIP Member

Alovera gel is good for baby, scratching or mosquitos bite work well. Can find at any Guardian or Watson.

GP told us we can use calamine lotion. Mopiko contains a portion of calamine too. That's what she said.

I use jojoba aloe gel from Watson which is pretty safe to use. or the Paw Paw ointment will be good too