Can someone share a simplified/ easy to cook Nasi Goreng recipe? Hubby just loves eating one in a nearby Hawker.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Really depends on what kind of fried rice your husband prefers -- there's Malay style, Indian style and Chinese style fried rice variations in the hawker centres. You could come up with your own recipe with basic ingredients. I love fried rice/nasi goreng and it's my favourite thing to cook when I'm feeling lazy and only have random ingredients left in my fridge. My recipe usually consists of day-old rice that's been kept in the fridge, whatever veggies and meats I have left along with soy sauce, ketchup, salt pepper and garlic. I will sautee the garlic in olive oil till fragrant, throw in the meats (usually chicken pieces) seasoned with salt and pepper till browned. Then I will add the veggies, soy sauce, ketchup (and sambal if I want a kick). Stir them a bit for a while before adding the rice. Make sure the rice is full coated with the "sauce" before taking the rice of the heat. You can adjust the seasoning as you go along eg add more pepper, chilli etc. Sorry I don't have proper measurements because I cook according to taste and guesstimation haha. After it's done, I top the fried rice with a sunnyside egg and fried onions! You can also try this recipe, I used this recipe as a base for mine and went freestyle with the ingredients: http://www.noobcook.com/10-minute-egg-fried-rice/

Read more
VIP Member

Thanks much Idza! I'll wake up early tomorrow so I can cook this. Hubsy's excited. Fingers crossed. Haha! :))

thanks