My butt and lower waist area are full of red stretch mark and I still have 6 weeks more to go before my EDD. Mummies, pls share your experience. Whether after birth, how long will the stretch mark go away or become silver colour? Silver colour is better than red/purple lines. it looks scary and it's bringing my confidence level down. I've been diligently applying palmers oil, clarins stretch mark minimizer, palmers coco lotion on the red lines but it appears to be of no help . Keep growing more and more...

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some of my friends tried Clarins Tonic Oil and found it effective for them. You could give it a try (if you haven't). You can also try making this DIY stretchmark cream. The author used it for both her pregnancies and did not have any stretchmarks (and she mentioned that she has had stretchmarks on her legs when she gained weight during her non pregnant period): http://thehealthyhoneys.com/diy-stretch-mark-cream/

Read more
Post reply image

I'd been tried palmer oil, cocoa oil, branded stretch mark removal oil...but no use at all. Until l found a product from Germany recently. It's reduced my stretch mark effectively in 1 month. Amazing! You know, strectch mark with me almost 9 yrs, lm so happy with the result now.

My gynae prescribed Sebamed anti stretchmark cream for me to apply. I remember i noticed more red stretchmarks after birth than before birth. It will slowly lighten, just continue to apply anti stretchmark cream.

I'm using Clarins tonic oil and Clarins stretch mark control